Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Carla Warhol by Carla Prieto
     Pop art is a concept in which Andy Warhol presented to the media in the 50's and 60's. To create an image similar to his, you take a set of pictures or just one image and over simplify them, or the single image and create several copies, on Photoshop. After cropping and using the same proportions and resolution, you begin to mess with each photo individually. First, you crop out your subject and delete the rest of the image so the background is white. Then, you place the cutout filter to simplify the image. After doing so, you choose two different colors per image and set an empty background layer for each. Placing one color over the background layer, you make the subject screen through. Then, you choose the other color, and use the fill tool to make the rest of the image a different color.
     For me, it tool several tries before I created this image. Following the steps stated above, I was finally able to make this pop art image of myself. I had to mess with the brightness and contrast a lot to make my facial expressions still visible, because the cutout filter had simplified the image more than I wanted it to. Once I figured all of the steps and how each step worked, I was able to create my image a lot faster and just transfer it into a blank canvas where I just  manipulated where each image went.
     I think this image would have looked more like Andy Warhol's pop art if I had used three to four sets of colors like he did in Marilyn Monroe's pop art image.

No comments:

Post a Comment