Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Double Exposure

City Light by Carla G. Prieto
This image was my final photo I submitted for my photography project. We were working on double exposures. We take two images, overlap them in photoshop, and using the outline of one image, we overlap them to create a single image. I had someone take a profile view of my body and using the magic wand I cut myself out. The process was hard, because I did not pose in front of a clean background (hence the pixels). But once I got the best cutout, I overlapped the image over an image of the New York skyline that I found on google. I had to change the gradient on the cut out of me so the viewer could subtly see my face as kind of a ghost image of me. I think that I needed a cleaner cut out of the picture of me and I could have used the "refined edge" option to make the image less pixelated. I could also have used a cleaner background as well.

4 comments:

  1. Even though you didn't have a clean background the final picture looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although the background isn't completely clean i really like your final photo and good choice on the New York Skyline !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this photo it's different then what most of us did. It think it came out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is a great example of double exposure. It has mucho swag (:

    ReplyDelete