Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Varsity by Carla G. Prieto
     This panorama was made to capture the accomplishments and the significance of varsity athletics to the school. This panorama was constructed out of 44 images taken continuously as I "panned" across the gym. To get this set, I had to retake five sets of about 50 pictures in order to include all of the objects I thought were necessary to tell my story. After getting a set of pictures I really liked, I went on photoshop and "stitched" the images together.
     I took this image after the rally my school held for the fall sports. I wanted to capture the essence that this was not just an empty gym; instead this is a place where athletes take pride in what they do, and are recognized for their efforts. I decided to include the trash left behind from the rally on the far right, as well as the screen that showed the winning football game from the previous week. Those posters, as well as the CIF and Valley League Champion banners are meant to represent the recognition of the athletes, as well as the hopes of every athlete to be a part of the year that their team made the finals. At our school, that isn't often, so the banners provide as a type of incentive. The motto "Once a Patriot, Always a Patriot" served to show unity among the sports and the school, because in the rallies, every student is their to provide support. Rallies are the few of times where a majority, if not all, the students gather in one place at one time. I wanted to capture the importance of athletics in one image.

1 comment:

  1. i absolutely love this photo! its a great demonstration of a panorama, although it would have been sooo much better if the screen wasn't there. besides that, there are a lot of great leading lines that makes the words pop out more(: well done!

    ReplyDelete